As well as lovely things to cook with, we cook lovely things…
We have lots of fun and lots of bargains at K is for kitchen for the mad month of March!
Not everyone arrives on foot or by car at K is for kitchen, but if you are driving, you can use the parking spaces along the High Street or the town’s free car park, less than 100m from the shops. Turn at the Fish & Chip shop, head for the hills along Hill Road and take the second right.
We have plenty to be romantic about at K is for kitchen this Valentine’s, from hygge candles to heart-warming casseroles…
1. Dotty About You – Spotted Norfolk kitchen textiles – aprons (£17.95) , gauntlets (£15.95) and oven gloves (£16.95)
2. Comfort Casserole – Le Chasseur cast iron ‘cocotte’ (from £84.95)
3. Love Note – Handmade valentine cards (£2.50) by Sophie Court Designs
4. Flaming Romance – Burnt Orange, Hot Pink and Old Rose Danish candles (£1 each)
5. Heart Cake – Silver anodized cake tins (from £11.50)
6. Cute Cut-Outs – Set of 3 red cookie cutters (£2.95)
7. Just For You – Copper cookie cutter (£2.50)
8. Moroccan Love – Cast iron Tagine (£90) from Netherton Foundry
9. Love Jug – Traditional gluggle jug (£34.95) by Wade Ceramics
10. Perfect Pie – Heart shape pocket pie mould (£3.50)
Ros and Hen inspired us all this week with two great dishes that can be made in a single pot leaving you time to warm your toes by the fire and chat with friends while it cooks. Hampton Massaman Curry, made with lamb, was favourite of the night accompanied by a glass of Orvieto. The second dish, Mexican Chicken with Sourdough & Feta Crumb was sampled after K is for kitchen’s legendary Marine Ices Lemon Sorbet. Keep an eye on the shop door or the website for more cookery events. You’ll learn something new, get to eat and drink great things and take home some unique recipes.
Tickets are £20 each.